Follow by Email

Friday, September 28, 2012

Duck!

Wow...long time no see!  It's been around 20 days since I last posted...YIKES!!  Have to admit, I figured I'd have more time to blog than I actually do.  :P

Today, in chapel, the speaker, Jeanne Craig, was talking about her diagnosis with breast cancer and thus her reaction to it.  She encouraged us students to NOT all the devil to beat us down with the different trials that we face, not matter what they are.  "Don't wait for cancer or some other tragedy until you give up but look up and reach out now!"

Jeanne encouraged us to not let the trials of this life beat us down, but to "duck" from them and run to God.  So, at the end of chapel, each one of us was given a rubber duck to remind us to duck from the devil's beatings.  And this one is mine:
To me, this duck is an incredible remind not only to duck from evil, but also that God is teaching me and reminding me to continue becoming a butterfly!  Shedding the sin of this world and becoming free from the world is my goal in this life; then all else will become more obvious as what I am to do with my life.

So Monarch Joy McMadden (or Monny Joy as I'm going to call her), is my physical reminder about becoming God's butterfly.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment