Follow by Email

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Practice practice practice!

So, being a music major, I have to practice...a lot...4 hours a week for class piano and 2 hours a day for violin!  A DAY!!  YIKES!!  As I go over my schedule and all the other homework I may not have yet but know I will have, I get slightly overwhelmed and shuddery inside.  I want to be the best violinist I can be!  I want to succeed in school.  I want...I want...maybe this is all about "I want"s...instead of what really matters...GOD wants.  And what I believe he wants for me is to be the best violinist that I can be because of what I believe he has called me to.

I strongly believe that God wants me to go to Uganda and start a symphony orchestra and choir there.  Now, with that in mind, most likely, I will be one of the few violinists they would have ever heard.  And with that being said, then I'm probably going to be considered the best in their mind.  And I if I am the best that they know, I want to be the best.  Now, that doesn't mean I want to be Joshua Bell or Henryk Szeryng, but I want to be the best that I can be!

So, I'm following the advice of my violin professor, Professor Thompson.  I am switching to a violin performance major, which requires two hours a day of practicing.  I am going to have to rely on God for strength and desire every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment