Follow by Email

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmastime

This is one of my favorite seasons.  I love the snow (when we have it), the lights, the smells, the music, the spirit of giving.  Christmas is beautiful.

I'm still a little kid when it comes to Christmas.  :P  I get giddy when I hear Christmas music and hide my impatience when it takes longer than I'd like to get to opening my presents.  :P

However, this Christmas is going to be less than normal.  First of all, I haven't been home (compared to previous years), so I've missed a lot of the planning, especially for our big family Christmas party.  I feel like Christmas has snuck up...just suddenly appeared waving it's red and green flag and shouting, "Hello!  Hello!  Are you paying attention to me?!"

Second, is our Christmas tradition.  We always took breakfast to Maamaa on Christmas morning.  We started doing that when I was ten or eleven (I think), back when she lived on the farm.  We continued doing it every year even after she moved next door to my grandmother.  But this year...suddenly that tradition can't be carried on...

Or can it?

Tomorrow morning, we're taking breakfast to Maamaa: bacon, eggs, and biscuits and gravy. We're going to leave her a plate at her grave.  Breakfast with Maamaa will still be happening this year.

1 comment:

  1. As long as her memory stays in your heart you can have breakfast with Grandma.

    ReplyDelete