Follow by Email

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Little Blessings

Let me tell you a story.  You may laugh, thinking it's silly for me to think that it's so precious or that I shouldn't have been so trusting.  That's okay.  It reminded me that people do still help others that they do not know.

Yesterday I was sitting in the turn lane on my way to a doctor's appointment.  An SUV pulled up next to me where I couldn't see the oncoming traffic past him.  The teenage boy sitting in the passenger seat noticed that I couldn't see and turned his head to look in the direction I was.  After a couple seconds, he turned back around, smiled and gave me a thumbs up.  I returned with a smile and a thumbs up, crept forward and began turning, double checking the clearance.  As I drove away, I was in awe at the simple action.  You may think it's not important enough to have such an impact on me, but it gave me a little more faith in humanity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment