Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Christians are turning into Americans

Guys, we've been doing this wrong.

The church...Christians...have started to blend in with Americans. Maybe not outwardly as much, but inwardly.

We treat Jesus like a waiter. We call him over, give him our order list of wants, stipulations, and the occasional "Your Will be done" stuff, when really we have in our mind exactly how we want it...forget that "chef's specialty" crap. And then we send Him on His way to deliver the requests to God.

And we wait.

He doesn't always bring results when we want or expect or think is time appropriate. Sometimes the result is "wrong" and we sulk about it for a while.

And we feel it's okay to get frustrated and leave His house without leaving a tip; without our sacrifice.

Guys, since when did Christians act like impatient, selfish Americans? It burdens me to know I've treated Christ, the Holiest, in the same way that ignites such a furious passion in me when restaurant servers are cut down. I don't want to treat God in a way that puts Him on the same level as a slave. Christ came to be a servant, sure...but that doesn't mean I have the right to treat Him like dirt when He doesn't answer my prayers the way I want Him to.

God puts up with so much because He loves us. I want to treat Him with the love and respect He deserves. I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment