Follow by Email

Friday, September 4, 2015

I am a radical

I'm a woman who believes women should stop trying to do everything men do. I'm an American that isn't a strong supporter for complete equal rights. I'm a Christian who will still shop at Target and go to Starbucks for the pumpkin spice latte (but not that often because I'm a poor college student).

I guess you can say I'm a radical.

Because I believe in God. I have put my hope and life in someone bigger than anything on this earth. I'm choosing my battles. And He's the only one who can fight them.

So go ahead, call me a radical. Call me crazy. Call me old-fashioned. I'm cool with that.

If my enemy is hungry, I'll feed him. I'll give him a snack. You could say that means I'm helping him put food on his table. Just because someone holds a different view than me or cuts me down because of my own doesn't mean they are any less of a person. They are just as valuable.

Besides, who am I to determine someone's worth? Who gave any human the right to determine the worth of someone's life based on their views and their faith and their lifestyle? That is not my job.

That is not my place.

I am a hypocrite who doesn't always practice what I preach. I am selfish and I don't always want to put other's before myself. I am human and I make mistakes.

But I am loved by God. And so are you.

Don't like that? You don't have to take it. But He loves you just as He loves me. And He died for us. Soooo...

He's a radical too.

So that's where I get it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment