Follow by Email

Sunday, November 15, 2015

I have decided...

I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back.

No turning back.

That statement means more than just staying true to faith in Jesus and not giving up on the salvation you know he has given you. Saying you won't turn back from following Jesus also means you won't cease pursuing Him. Something I have not been good at doing.

Forgive me Father, for I have strayed...I have strayed from your presence. I don't practice what I preach and I have turned back from following you so many times because I didn't "have time" or I just didn't want to.

Oh God, I only need you. You're my hero, my first love, my first responder, even if I don't dial 911 right away.

God, I praise you that you have never given up on me, that you have remained by my side even when I haven't given you the attention you so desire.

I want to seek Christ with all I have: all my energy, my love, my mind. No matter the obstacles of laziness and mediocrity that plague me every day of my life. I need more Jesus in my life.

But that means I have to consciously make an effort.

No good grade or affirming word could ever measure up to the very presence of God in my life. I need His strength to get through each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment