Follow by Email

Monday, November 16, 2015

Pray without ceasing

I haven't changed my profile picture to the colors of France to match everyone else. I know that this does nothing to improve the situation.

Instead, it is my visual reminder to pray for the country of France, the people affected, and those affected by similar tragedies across the world. For once, I'm not just conforming to look good or so that people don't think I'm heartless (because I know people will think that). And if you don't feel right changing your picture, then don't! By all means, don't follow suit because you don't people to judge or condemn you. All I am doing is expressing my thoughts behind my decision. Everyone will have different reasons, different convictions. It's a matter of the heart, not of how it looks to other people. It's a matter of prayer, not public image.

This is my way of showing my support in hopes that it changes one person's life. I will pray not only for France, but for the souls of those responsible, that they may one day see the light. I will pray for the world, as we grapple with this spirit of evil that refuses to give up.

I am greatly saddened by these events and honestly, they make me sick to my stomach. But that means nothing to those who now have an empty place setting at Christmas. There is nothing I can physically do to make this better. (And guess what, revenge isn't really the answer.)

All I can do is show my support in the simplest way that I can; by wearing my red, white and blue. The answer is love and surrender and complete brokenness before the Father. No, I don't need this "temporary profile picture" to do that. I don't need it to make others think well of me.

I didn't do this for others. I did this for me. So that I would pray. And I would pray every time I saw my picture.

God is good, and He has won the war, even though some of the battles seem to be missing His victory. He has won and I will praise Him in the midst of the storm for the people who did not die in these attacks in France, Kenya, and anywhere else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment